Kerry Volunteer Centre's mission is to promote the value of volunteering and increase the range and quality of volunteering in Kerry.
We believe that in order for volunteering to thrive in Kerry and Ireland:
- Everyone who wants to volunteer should have the opportunity to do so locally
- Volunteers need to be appropriately managed, valued and celebrated
- The support needs of Volunteer Involving Organisations need to recognised and met locally
- The social, cultural and economic contribution of Volunteering needs to be measured
- The many impacts of volunteering in Ireland must to be recorded in order to be valued
We were amongst Irelands first Volunteer Centre's and were innovatively involved in the development of Ireland's National Volunteer Development Agency. Kerry Volunteer Centre's key role is in enabling local Volunteering and delivering support services to Community and Voluntary Groups in Kerry. We had a leading role in the development of National Volunteer Management Training and have a decade long list of local achievements.
Kerry Volunteer Centre Ltd strives to make the services we offer, the physical environment in which we operate and equipment we use as attractive and user-friendly as possible for everyone. Alternative and special provisions, such as wheelchair access and extended opening hours, are made available for people with extra support needs, wherever viable. You can access a copy of our Equal Opportunities Policy for Service Users from any staff member on 066 7117966.
In 2013 and 2016 Kerry Volunteer Centre underwent a stringent external Quality Standard Review and was awarded the Volunteer Centre Quality Award.
Our Services and Supports
For individuals who wish to volunteer
- One to one advice on how to become a Volunteer
- Information on available volunteer opportunities
- Brokerage to enable commencement of volunteer placement
- Follow up support once Volunteering has commenced
For non-profit organisations
- Recruitment of Volunteers for Volunteer Involving Organisations
- Marketing of Volunteering, local community events and voluntary groups
- Consultancy service on Charities Act and Governance Code
- Membership of Kerry Volunteer Managers Network
- Garda Vetting for Community and Voluntary Groups
- Volunteer Management Training
- Bespoke training and mentoring sessions
- Presentations to community groups on Volunteering
As a development and support organisation for Volunteering we understand the needs of our services users, we recognise that our services must be useful, relevant and locally accessible. We take pride in meeting the needs of services users. Everyone at Kerry Volunteer Centre considers it a privilege to work with and for Kerry's Volunteers, Community and Voluntary Groups.