Is it always right to involve volunteers?
- What is the mission and objectives of the organisation?
- Why the organisation wishes to involve volunteers?
- What are the needs of the organisation?
- What will be the role of the volunteer?
- What are the benefits for the volunteers?
- Does the organisation fulfill the needs of potential volunteers?
- Has the organisation the time and resources to train, supervise and support volunteers?
- Will volunteering lead to a positive experience for both volunteers and the organisations?
- Will Volunteers complement the work of paid staff?
- Will there be a means of valuing and acknowledging the contrabution of Volunteers?
- Will Volunteers have a input into the organisation decision-making structures?
For more information download: Why do Organisations Involve Volunteers?